The Minerva Learning Trust
Executive Principal: Mrs K Taylor MA
|Name of School/Academy||No on roll:|
|The Sir John Colfox Academy||848|
|Bridport Primary School||400|
|St Mary’s Primary School||188|
|Burton Bradstock Primary School||76|
THE SIR JOHN COLFOX ACADEMY
BRIDPORT, DORSET, DT6 3DT
11 – 18 Comprehensive School
No on roll: 840
Combined Sixth Form: 240
Headteacher: Mr D Herbert BSc PGCSE NPQH
SEND HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT (HLTA)
37 hours per week (term time only plus 2 non student days). Permanent Post Grade 9.
We are looking for an HLTA to join our SEND department to support within SEN and in mainstream lessons. The main responsibilities for the job will include:
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to small groups of students.
- Selection and preparation of teaching resources that meet the range of the pupils’ needs and interests.
- Liaising with class teachers as appropriate.
- Liaising with parents and other agencies as appropriate.
Other duties will include:
- Providing specialised literacy support to students with SEND
- Providing specialised and individualised support to students in lessons
- Contributing towards meeting the SEN statutory needs of our students
Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience in working with young people with SEN and a desire to see young people achieve their potential. Due to the nature of this post, an HLTA status or equivalent is essential
Further details and an application form can also be found on the school website www.colfox.org or you can apply directly on www.dorsetforyou/jobs. If submitting a hardcopy application form, please return it for the attention of
Mrs Amanda Ackerman
The Sir John Academy